Auto Pilot Digital Nano Low voltage on test.

Jun 29, 2013
Hello everyone, I would like to say Thank You in advance for any solutions provided.

I have an auto pilot digital nano that is getting a low voltage when I do the test function. The readings are:

Salt =3200
Temp 85
V=1 Amp 5.0

I get the same results after hitting the boost button.

Needless to say it is not producing chlorine, the cell has 21,000 hrs on it and I have cleaned it thoroughly. Browsing through posts, I have checked the fuse on the circuit board. The cell is an RC 35/22

The volts and amps number is only valid when the cell is active. Your results look like they were taken when the cell was off. Put the unit into boost more, wait 30 seconds, and read the volts and amps out again.

Does the Nano display any error messages?

Why do you say that it is not producing chlorine? It is quite common for various problems with the water to use up chlorine more quickly than the SWG can produce it.

What does your water look like?

I have it on 24 hour boost and same results, the water is turning green. I have shocked it before per the pool supply place I go through and the algae starts coming back 2 days later I'm testing my water weekly there and all water parameters are good except chlorine production.

I have exactly the same issue, almost exactly the same readings in fact. Called the factory, the rep tried to convince me it was a chemical issue. Then I called my pool builder (should have started there) and they could recite to me what I was seeing. You should see about 15 V and 3-5 A. They said they have 3 or 4 others with exactly the same problem. Apparently the board is bad. They have contacted the area rep and I am awaiting a service visit. I'll post back when I have a resolution.

Update: The local rep for Pool Pilot came yesterday and replaced the main board. :goodjob: Back to normal operation. He confirmed that voltage should be between 14 and 17 and Amps between 5 and 7 or so.

Late on my update but thank you all for your help, The main board was replaced and started operating normally. I called Pool Pilot and they got me in touch with the local rep. He stated that he does not see problems with these units very often and and gave me a few tips on keeping it operating efficiently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.