The bead of my liner is pulling out of track upon refilling

Dega500

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Hi all, I'm getting a late start opening the pool this year. I started filling the pool last night and this morning after 16-18" deep the liner bead has started pulling out of the track in a couple of spots. I tried to pull it back up and reinsert it but there was just no way to stretch it far enough. The liner was even warm from direct sun.

I bought an automatic pool cover pump last fall I'm afraid that pool water must have slowly seeped through the cover and gotten pumped out with the rain water over the winter leaving hardly any water in the pool.

I have started pumping the water out again to reinsert the bead in the track but really dont know what i can do to prevent it happening again. I stayed in the pool and tried to stretch the bottom toward the wall until there were a couple inches in the bottom of the pool but i still couldn't get all the wrinkles out of the bottom.

Any suggestions!!!

Mike

Re: The bead of my liner is pulling out of track upon refill

Between hot tap water and another set of hands we managed to get the bead back in the track for now. It probably wouln't hurt to pennys around it at least until the pool fills up!

Did you leave the pennys in there?

Re: The bead of my liner is pulling out of track upon refill

Well the liner is staying in the tracks but the return fitting could hold no more. The liner has pulled out the bottom of the fitting about 1/2". I don't see pulling the liner into place with any way to hold it while tightening the fitting. I'm think maybe I could make an oversize washer or spacer to cover the hole and try to seal up the leak. I have a plastic/ nylon cutting board that I could cut to the right od and id but it would be awfully thick and likely not allow the return fitting to be threaded back together.

Ideas or brainstorming or moral support of any kind is appreciated.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.