intex 2650 sand salt water combo no flow warning

Welcome to tfp, stretchct :wave:

Are you saying that the pump won't run or that the saltwater chlorine generator (swg) portion isn't working?

The pump should be able to run independent of the swg and it's flow sensor.

Well... I can turn the filter on and it runs.. but about 2 minutes later the alarm goes off that is has a low flow.
The problem with that is this... When I turn the salt water system on to clean the pool and that alarm goes off.. it turns off the cleaning
mode. So... yes.. the filter pump will work, but the salt water system won't work when the alarm is going off. When I first turned the salt water system on .. the "working" light is on and it's doing the cleaning cycle. When the "low flow" alarm goes off.. then the "working" light goes off and it goes into sleep mode.

So... the filter pump will work, but it's useless to run it because it's not cleaning the pool. The bottom of the pool and the sides of the pool are getting slimy and I'm scared that it's unsafe and nasty to swim in. Is that slimy feeling caused by the salt being in the pool but not being cleaned through the salt water filter system?

We have swapped the tubes, drained it, rinsed it, checked the flow sensor. We are not sure on how to purge the air from the lines and the tank. What setting does the 6 way valve have to be on the get the air out..etc...?

Any help would be appreciated.

Okay, so the pump runs fine, but the saltwater chlorine generator (swg) sound like it isn't.

What is the filter pressure and what is the clean filter pressure? For the intex pressure gauge it may be colors (green, yellow, red) and not psi.

How is the flow rate coming back to the pool (at the return)?

It may be that your filter needs to be backwashed so the flow rate goes back up.

If you want, you can posts a few pics showing the details of your equipment setup.

The salt will not cause the slimy feel, that is likely algae. Is the water still crystal clear? If not (and even if it is), it is likely you need to do the shocking process. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/shocking_your_pool

Well... the salt water generator would work fine if the low flow light would go off. The system won't work if there is any type of problem or warning light going on.
The filter pressure is in the green. The flow rate back into the pool is great... good pressure.
I did backwash the filter.. but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

Also.. How am I going to shock it with it being salt water and not a chlorine pool? The water is crystal clear... but the bottom is slimy. I can't post pics right now because it's dark...

Is it normal for a few drops the be coming out of the tank? We have tightened that lid and it doesn't change a thing. Also... we have the tank, filter/pump on the ground and it's as level as we can get it... but it's certainly not completely level. Would that affect anything?

stretchct said:
Also.. How am I going to shock it with it being salt water and not a chlorine pool?
A saltwater chlorine generator (swg) pool (what you have), is a chlorine pool. The swg makes the chlorine from the salt that you put in the water. What is your salt level in the pool?

For the shocking process, I would leave the swg off for now and do the process using bleach/liquid chlorine.

stretchct said:
I can't post pics right now because it's dark...
Post some tomorrow.

stretchct said:
Is it normal for a few drops the be coming out of the tank?
Where is the water coming out?

stretchct said:
Also... we have the tank, filter/pump on the ground and it's as level as we can get it... but it's certainly not completely level. Would that affect anything?
It is not critical for the pump/filter system to be level.

Do you see air in the pump basket?

How do I know the salt level? We put 310 lbs of salt in it to begin with.
I will post pics tomorrow...
The water is dripping out of the lid part... it's very few drops..
What / Where is the pump basket? Is that the part that the low tube runs into that you can see in it and it has a strainer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.