Pool leaking

G

I tried to clear my swamp this year for the past month, never got past 4 inches of visibility. I was noticing I was needing to add more and more water every day, was getting way past what could be evaporation. I found it one morning blowing bubbles through the return and thought I had a suction leak but it was just so low on water that the skimmer was sucking a little bit of air.

The pool has a skimmer and a floor drain. I have given up on opening it this year. I have not added water or ran the pump in 2 days. I have closed the valve to the floor drain. It is now down about 2.5 feet well below the skimmer and return buy at least a foot and is still dropping.

1. What happens if I let this AGP that is partially buried continue to drain?

2. What if it completely drains?

3. How do I find this leak?

It's usually not good to let it get completely empty if it's more than a couple years old.
It's hard to say what might happen. It could range from nothing, to the walls could collapse from the surrounding earth.
Same scenario if it completely drains.

At this point I'd say let it leak until it stops and look at the water line to find the leak. I'd then patch it and refill it as soon as possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.