Clear pool water with green tint... Help

Jun 29, 2013
We put up our 16'x42" intext easy set up pool 3 days ago. The first night I put stabilizer b/c I had to go by other products. The following day the pool water turned a dark green tint but still clear. I put a chlorine tablet in the hanging feeder thing and metal control in. I have never had a pool before this is all instructions by my neighbors who have a crystal clear pool every year. Next morning pool was a tiny bit lighter green but still green and clear. I shocked it that night. In the morning it was lighter yet so it's a light green tint and clear water. Should I shock again and put algeacide in?? I'm not sure what to do... .??

Did you fill from a well? Did it turn green before or after adding chlorine? Clear green is usually iron, which is common in well water. A picture and a full set of test results would make it easier to figure out the problem.

We have city water. It turned green before we put the chlorine in. I took a water sample up to the local pool store and they said it was from iron and so I bought a bottle of metal out from them. Hopefully this works. Others have told me to use algaecide but he said that wasn't the problem....

So I put 4oz of the metal removal product they sold me in a couple hours ago into a bucket and mixed it with water to dilute it then added it to the pool. Now a couple hours later the pool has turned brown???? I thought it was supposed to remove the green tint not turn it a completely different color??? I know it would probably take a couple days or so to do so but is this normal??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.