is pump adequate?

Jun 16, 2013
Central Ohio
I'm about to pull the trigger on a diy 18x36 vinyl liner with a cozy cove. The cove has 6 jets, the pool will have two returns, main drain and an aqua genie skimmer. After a little research I'm thinking Hayward Tristar 1.5hp two speed pump. It's plumbed for 2". I'm being told 1.5hp is fine but the 2" is needed to supply the volume consumed by the added jets. I'll pipe the cozy cove with it's own ball valve so we can shut them off when not needed. Any opinions? Thanks

100W,
My opinion?
Try to avoid ball valves, especially cheap ones. They often degrade and break within a few years, usually requiring re-plumbing, repairs, adjustments, and often digging too. Please use quality valves, for your own sake.
AP

alanpaul said:
100W,
My opinion?
Try to avoid ball valves, especially cheap ones. They often degrade and break within a few years, usually requiring re-plumbing, repairs, adjustments, and often digging too. Please use quality valves, for your own sake.
AP

I'm a plumbing contractor so I know all about cheap ball valves. You get what you pay for. Thanks for the info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.