How to clean up my new pool bottom before I put my liner in

Jun 29, 2013
I'm trying to find the best way to clean up my vermiculite in my pool before I put liner in .. I've got it sanded out but is still rough .. I have some cracks and pits I know will show ?? What can i do??
Can I put a grout mix on top of vermiculite to fill in the pits and to clean it up .. Plzzzz help

Re: How to clean up my new pool bottom before I put my liner

I don't know how you do it, but you do want to do it. I'd also get out in your pool tonight and shine a flashlight across the various surfaces, then have a helper circle issues with a pencil so you can fix them in the daylight.

harleysilo said:
I don't know how you do it, but you do want to do it. I'd also get out in your pool tonight and shine a flashlight across the various surfaces, then have a helper circle issues with a pencil so you can fix them in the daylight.

This is exactly what we did, we used sidewalk chalk and outlined areas that needed work. We then mixed up a wet vermiculite mix in a bucket, I did 1 part vermiculite to 2 parts portland. I am not sure how much water I put, but it was wet, almost soupy. I then used a trowel I had for doing tile work and worked it in like that feathering it in. Finished it off with some light sanding.

Thanks will check it out at night .. I have some pre mix vermiculite that's not working vary well but I'm going to try to add some Portland cement and see how it dose .. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.