Indoor Shock Process...

Feb 23, 2013
I understand the shock process for use in outdoor pools, however I'm assuming something has to change when it comes to indoor pools... I'm imagining that the OCLT wouldn't work the same due to the lack of natural sunlight. Any and all advice is welcome, this is my first year with an indoor pool! Thanks!!

Welcome to TFP!

I'm surprised no one had responded yet. The shock process is exactly the same for an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. The point of the OCLT test is to confirm that the sun is not causing any chlorine loss. So it will work exactly the same for you.

One thing you may want for an indoor pool is chlorine reducer, it helps get back down near normal swim levels after you finish the shock process rather than waiting days for the FC to fall.

Ike

Thank you for the advice! I will check out a chlorine reducer, getting the FC back to normal was my biggest concern. There used to be skylights, they were removed this spring when the entire room had to be re-drywalled due to mold. The pool hasn't been used in over three years, and the liner had fallen in. The dehumidifier went down, and the moisture took control. This past winter, we replaced the walls, ceiling, pool liner and repaired the dehumidifier, and we couldn't be happier! Next step is to put down some qualify moisture resistant flooring, thinking rubberized pebble floor. It's comfortable to walk on, slip and moisture resistant, and easy to maintain!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.