Mark all read question

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
On other forums, I can 'view all unread posts'. I think that I can get that same thing here with the 'view all posts since last visit' on the main forum page.

However, from this page I can't find a mark all messages read button. Is there a way to get this?

I like to view the forum this way so that I don't miss anything, then I can mark everything that I don't read as read from the same screen. As is I just go back to the main forum link and hit 'mark all read', but I'm always afraid that a new post will be snuck in during this change :)

Just a thought,
David

If you scroll down to the bottom of the index page, just before the Who is Online box, on the left there is a tiny "Mark all posts read" link. It is tiny, I missed it at first, also!!

Welcome to TFP!

ETA well duhhhh, if I would read the entire post before replying, I would see that you already knew about this. :roll: :hammer:

Hmm, just figured out that 'view posts since your last visit' is not the same thing as 'view unread messages'. It appears this is strickly looking at the date/time of your last login. If you don't ever log out, then the list continues to grow forever.

Can we get an "unread messages" button with an accompanying 'mark all read' button? I guess I've gotten spoiled with the other forums I frequent and prefer reading everything from one page. Save on a lot of clicking back and forth.

thanks,

I never log out, and while the number of new posts listed next to my name on the home page may keep growing, the posts I have read are still marked as read. I use the 'View posts since last visit', but I go by the little blue 'unread' envelopes, rather than the number....
hmm, while I never actually log out, I do close my browser from time to time... I am not the tech person here, tho... :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.