Pump Help

May 18, 2013
Any ideas what might be wrong with my pump? It's a Jandy Stealth with a 2HP A.O. Smith motor on it. It's about 9 years old. Pool is a 14k gallon pool with a cartridge filter. The pump makes a buzzing noise and won't turn. I'm think it may have overheated as it is over 100 degrees and the pump housing burns to the touch. Need a short term quick fix while I figure out what pump I should replace it with. Would also like some ideas on a replacement as well. Was looking at the variable pumps like the pentair and such but really on the fence at this point on the pumps. Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

Have you taken the back cover off it to see if you can turn it by hand? If not I suggest you do that first.
If it will turn then it's most likely the start capacitor. They're eaasily replaced. The pool store might even have one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.