cloudy after shock

Jun 25, 2013
First time pool owner and learning the ropes. Everything was going smooth until I went on vacation. I returned to a green swamp. I initially used strips which showed FC 0 and CYA 0. I corrected ph, then added cya and shocked with bleach until FC continued to read high on strip overnight. Water changed from green to blueish but is still cloudy. Frustrated I called a friend and long term pool owner and he recommended the BBB method and TFP. Great site with lots of info and fantastic pool school. After 5 days of cloudy water, I ordered a real test kit. FC stable overnight and no CC, but still cloudy. These are my most recent numbers,
Ph 7.5
FC 14
CC 0
TA 80
CH 70
CYA 40

I dont see in algae or green areas, but I can only see bottom in shallow end as pool continues to be cloudy. What do I do next???
Thanks
Dan
27000 gallon in ground pool, Jacuzzi Magnum Force pump, Hayward High Rate Sand Filter, Pool Pilot Digital SWG.

i have read the section, but had been thinking the sand filter would just take longer to clear the dead algae. However after initial daily improvement, now it is minimal. I have been backwashing 1 or 2 times per day. How long is needed typically for sand filter to clear? Or do I just need to add the DE since it has been 1 week?

You may be backwashing too often. You only need to do it when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure. As the filter gets dirtier, it will catch smaller particles, but if you wait too long, the flow is reduced too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.