Apr 26, 2012
Northwest Ohio
Split from this topic so that we're only responding to one persons issue. Bama

FC 0
CC less than .5
PH 7.5
TA 90
CYA 0

I have been reading this site for days, but cannot find why CYA is still zero after adding 32oz. of stabilizer over two weeks ago. I'm running out of reagent testing CYA. I've been adding chlorine to get to FC 3 every day, but it is zero every night. I started shocking tonight. Thank you!

Re: CYA added a week ago, still not registering

Hijacking a thread is posting your similar problem in an established thread. This makes it difficult for anyone to help either person, and keep things straight.

You really should start your own thread in the appropriate section.

Pop -- 32 oz of stabilizer should have added 11 ppm to your CYA. Since most CYA tests only go down to 20 or 30 and If your starting CYA was really zero then you're still below what the test can see, so it will still look like you have zero CYA when in fact you have about 11 ppm. I'd add another 3 lbs and see where that gets you.

Doubtful about the CYA reagent use reduction. There is a difference between the TF100 and K-2006 CYA test. However, the black dot tube is smaller for the K-2006, making it more difficult to read.

You might be thinking of the difference between the 25 ml sample size and 10 ml sample for the FAS-DPD testing. That one does reduce the amount of FAS used per test.

Well you need a 50/50 mix of the pool water and reagent to do the test ... If you have higher CYA, you can get away with mixing a smaller sample size. But since yours is low, you may not be able to use less and have enough to do the test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.