Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ascorbic acid treatment question

1. Back To Top    #1

Ascorbic acid treatment question

Hello again, all!

I have metal staining in my pool and am going to do an ascorbic acid treatment to clean it up. My question is when is it safe to get back in the pool? My guess is when the water starts holding a cholorine level again, but my hope is that it is after adding the sequestering agent. I searched, but couldn't find an answer. My kids (4 of them now...one is only 5 weeks old!) will be dying to get back in the pool ASAP!

Thanks!
    Froggybabies
    24000 gal inground vinyl
    Sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Yes, wait till you can hold a FC level. It varies somewhat, but it can often be several days to a week before you can hold a FC level again.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ascorbic acid treatment question

Thanks so much, Jason! I decided that I would wait until the kiddos are out of town for a week to do the treatment. Don't want to cause any drama by having the pool out of commision while they are here!

Thanks again for your help!
    Froggybabies
    24000 gal inground vinyl
    Sand filter