Has anyone ever fixed a T-15 Cell?

Jul 27, 2011
I've fixed my PCB with the info on this site and I thank you all very much for that. Now my cell has failed, according to hayward (3 years old). Amps are less than 5, salt display is out of whack. Anyway, I took the cell apart and there is a small cylinder shaped component about the size of a grain of rice that connects two wires inside the cell. I tested the OHMS on it and it was going about half way up my meter. I would imagine that this is the problem as there really isn't any other components on the cell. Anyone ever replace one of these? If so, what is the part number?

Thank you

That is probably the temperature sensor. There is nothing else. The voltage and amps are a result of the conductivity within the cell. The problem is the coating on the plates degrades affecting the sensed conductivity. They are not repairable as far as I know. There is a company that refurbishes them by putting in new plates.

I attached a picture of the part in question, as well as the OHM reading on my multimeter. If anyone would be able to even take an educated guess at what I can replace it with I'd be willing to give it a shot. I seem to have perfect conductivity through all of my plates, as well as from the plates to the 3 bolts that hold them in.

Attachments

• cell2.jpg
    cell2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 65
I cut it off and it is testing exactly the same. What I'm seeing now is that I'm getting good conductivity on some parts of the plates, but not others. Gotta find a way to re-coat the plates or figure out a way to replace them.

So I received my new cell today and the fuse is testing the same as my faulty cell, so that rules that out. When I got inside the cell to the plates, I noticed there are 13 plates. The two outermost plates and the one in the middle are attached to screws that connect to the cord. The other 10 are simply sitting inside the plastic divider, not touching any other plates in any way. The 3 that are attached to the cord have some type of coating on the one side that doesn't allow any conductivity, but no coating on the other side which allows full conductivity. The 10 that aren't attached have the coating on both sides, thus not allow conductivity on either side. Also noticed that the 3 that were attached to the cord have frayed, or worn down edges that you can kind of see in the picture. The 10 that weren't connected look like new. Does anyone know where you can buy new plates?

Attachments

• plate1.jpg
    plate1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 50
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.