First Season using BBB - WOW!

I had always used a mineral product (Nature2 and BRIEFLY Frog system) in our pool along with pucks. The first 2 years the mineral seemed to work ok. However it was short lived. I was constantly going to the pool store and dropping tons of money in chemicals....changing out the sand...and jumping through their hoops. I fought mustard algae all the time and it was so frustrating. Sadly I did this for several years.

This year, I found this forum and ordered the TF-100 and magnetic stirrer. WHAT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT experience! I love that test kit! I never have to go to the pool store. I spend SOOOO much less on chemicals. BBB is easily 1/3 of the cost of traditional mineral systems/pucks/algaecide/coagulants. Oh, and the borax made a big difference for us. The lamotte borate test strips are difficult for me to read, but I have either 30 or 50 ppm. I feel like I have nothing to vacuum anymore. I don't have to backwash as often and the pool is just so....dare I say...trouble free? Yeah, I know...I'm sure that's the first time you've ever heard that one. hehe

Thanks for all the great info at pool school! I'm so happy!! I meant to post this weeks ago but we have been too busy swimming!

Here is a before (opened the pool and couldn't run the pump for a week due to a missing part so it turned green)
before.jpg

After BBB
after.jpg

One more
after2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.