Snap bead liner and stabilizer rails

Jun 27, 2013
I am installing a 24' round above ground pool. I am installing a snapbead liner. Do I install the metal silver stabilizer bar on top of the bead receiver track or do I not need the stabilizer bar? karen

Bama Rambler said:
Welcome to TFP.

Can you post pictures of the parts?

No I am sorry but I don't know how. The white Bead receiver track sits on the pool wall and has the hook on the inside of the pool that you attach the liner to. I have it installed and the top rail put on but saw in an article that the silver stabilizer bar goes over the bead receiver track and then the top rail gets installed. It didn't seem to me that the stabilizer bar would fit over the bead receiver????

Looking at the pics, it looks like you use the bars on top of the liner....top that with top rails ....if you ever have to replace liner ,you just reach up under top rail and unhook the liner from the track, and install new liner in the track without having to remove top rail and top stabilizer bar

You won't use the plastic coping pieces , those are used for overlap liner to hold that particular type of liner onto the wall...so if you have just the snap liner connected to the top of wall , the stab bars should fit over that provided your not try to use the plastic coping also

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.