Propane Heater Recommendations

mameola

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 4, 2009
I currently have a propane Heater that was shared by the pool and the spa and it decided to that a Crud so I'm in the market for a new one. I've decided since know one ever uses the pool when it would be required to be heated, I'm going to size it for the spa only. We are only talking a 500-gal spa so I'm thinking we only need 100,000 BTU unit. My question is, can anyone recommend a good unit? My interest is more on the quality side of things apposed to the cost side. I control my pool with a Pentair intellitouch automation system so it would need to be able to be controlled through the automation system.

In reality, I suggest getting the larger heater you can afford and that you current gas line is sized for. It will not use more gas, but it will heat the spa up faster.

I do not have any brand recommendations ... although Raypak seem to be liked by people.

Jason,

Thanks for your quick input. I will take you recommendations into serious consideration. It looks like I will need to do a little homework on upsizing the heater in conjunction with the gas like. I know it's a 1/2" line but I have know idea how much upsizing I can do with it. We shall see.

Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.