Cover Problem

Jun 26, 2013
Guys,
I have one of the safety covers that you can safely walk on and so forth, it consists of a number of rectangles that are sawn together with some kind of material stretched along all the seams. The cover is for the pool and the hot tub area. I noticed that over the winter one side of a rectangle that is over the hot top has come apart, mainly the seam that holds it together the stitching all came loose/disintegrated. It just seems to be isolated to that one edge (water collects near that spot in the winter which could be part of the reason). My question is can this be somehow fixed and where should I go or ask ? Replacing the cover would be very costly and I do not think I can patch this up on my own.

I had a similar issue 2 years ago with my Loop Loc cover. Keep in mind I am a DIY'r and not in the business. Called the manufacture, the said the UV rays probably decayed the stitching, I sent them photographs. Were willing to give me a pro-rata towards a new cover, 10% of the original cost since the cover was 10 years old. New one would be $6k.

I took some fishing line and hand stitched the strapping that was loose after I took the cover off. So far 1 year later no problems with that particular section.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.