Pool Cleaners - WHICH ONE?

dsncs

May 21, 2008
Whiteville, NC

We're trying to figure out which pool cleaner to purchase?
New pool owners (soon to be). Construction starts in 2 weeks.

We are thinking about the Zodiac Barracuda G4?
Do you think this would be a good choice for this size pool?
All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

True L - Inground Vinyl
18x28x40x20

Left side is 40' long

Top (Deep End) is 20' wide
***************** Right side (Shallow End) is 18' long
This is 28' wide

I have the zodiac G4 and I love it. With that said I purchased it for a small free form fiberglass pool. It did a great job on that pool but it did take round about 6 hours to clean. I used to set it up at night and let it go. Wake up every morning 1-2 week with a perfectly clean pool.

The area I lived in was very dusty so I had to do it often.

Lots of others here have more expensive cleaners around 1000k-2k(aquabot t4, dolphin) that will clean a big pool like yours in an hour or so. They love them. I question with your pool being that big if the zodiac is the way to go. Spending more now will eliminate headache later. Just a thought.

I mistakenly fought a w-a-a-ay too small pool cleaner in my large pool for two years. (well, I was cheap, too)

I finally coughed up for a big robot (blue diamond R/C) and have never looked back.

Your pool is gonna' require something as large and subsequently in the same price range...$1000 plus.

Like Duraleigh I bit the bullet and got the Blue Diamond this season (I didn't get the TC model). Have used it for about 2-3 weeks and am very happy with it so far.

For a pool your size you may want to look at a similar model (Aquabot T4 I think is another alternative) so you don't need to wait so long for the pool to be cleaned up.

Another vote for the G4 here.
I'm using one in a 55K gallon rectangle indoor pool and it 's able to clean the entire pool over night. Of course it's indoors so leaves aren't an issue for us.
The thing I love about the Zodiacs the most, one moving part inside. 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.