Hayward Pro Flow Matrix Pump

Jun 27, 2013
The basket on the pump wasn't keeping the water up to the top like it should when running.....decided since I can't afford a new pump and this one is only like 2 years old that we'd take it apart to see if any gaskets or seals were bad.
Went to unscrew 2 of the 4 long screws that go from the back of the motor to the front and 2 snapped off and now unable to take the big plastic part off to get to the rest of the pump.
Now what? :( And of course, it is not like it used to be :? where you can take it to the shop and they help you for the couple bucks for the part. They won't even look at it for less than 60$ and hour.
I really want to be able to fix it and use the pool with my 3 kids and boyfriend this summer.

Welcome to TFP.

Were you following the instructions in the manual?

If you got the other 2 long bolts out the unit, it will pry apart. It may take some force but it will.

Now for the bad news. The leak you're looking for is going to be on the suction side of the pump. The shaft or casing seal won't cause that issue. Common problems are the basket lid o-ring, pump drain plugs, pool water level, skimmer weir missing or not working freely, leaks at suction side fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.