Vacation situation

Jun 13, 2012
Russellville, AR
Finally, FINALLY got the pool up, but I hesitated to put water in it. We are leaving Friday (it's Wednesday night now) for a 3 day vacation. I knew the pool wouldn't even be filled by then (our water pressure isn't very high). But, then my father-in-law pointed out that if I left it dry, and strong winds blew through, my pool would be all over the yard. And the neighbor's yard. Even today while I was working, the wind would pick up occasionally, lift the bottom of the pool and scoot it.

I thought I'd put a few feet of water in it to keep it from going anywhere, but chemically I'm at a loss. I have no idea what to do.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Your father in law was right.

If you can get it filled and circulating you can spike the chlorine levels a bit so you have a fighting chance at keeping out algae for a few days. The goal would be to put them higher than normal so when you get back they are just getting to the point of needing to be upped again.
You'll need to get some CYA in there as well.

If you can't get it high enough to circulate you can probably add some bleach and give it a real good stir.

- you need a drop based test kit and the pool calculator to determine levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.