Gel like substance?

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I have been checking my chemistry at least once/day. I am at about 2.5 weeks since plaster. Still another couple weeks before I dump in salt and put in the salt generator. My chemistry has been at the following levels for the last couple weeks:

CYA=40-50
CH=220
TA=90
pH=7.4-7.6

I keep FC between 2 and 4 and have only had CC come up non-zero one time... it was 0.5. Using HTH liquid chlorinator product until my SWG is operational.

I have been using the chart for salt water pool, but I am guessing since my SWG is not yet operational, I should be using keeping FC a little higher between 4-6?

My main question is... I have a little bobbing thermometer in the pool... my wife saw something on it and asked me what it was... looked like a few small globs of gel... with brown spots/areas in it... anyone know what this is? Am I doing something wrong with the chemistry?

I would just spray the thermometer with some bleach to be safe and throw it back in the pool. I'd keep FC in the 4-6 range, especially with the summer heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.