So how many Ibs of Chlorine , how many pints of Acid .

Jun 21, 2013
Like to know how much Chlorine to put in the pool in Ibs on first start up , pure fresh water , and roughly pints / gallons of acid . pool has 16000 gallons of fresh water just filled ready for Chlorine and acid .
I used Chlorine powder about one Ib and dissolve it in a gallon of water when adding any Chlorine to the old pool is that good ? , whats stabilizer btw I thought it the muriatic acid you add but now not so sure ,? is it some other acid ? ( stabilizer makes the Chlorine last longer } right . one more thing how long do you leave the pump on doing backwash thank you .. :blah:

Had a pool before but adding Chlorine and acid my bad was not very scientific, :hammer: now started reading the forum I realize its better to learn how to do things properly ..

The Pool Calculator can crunch the numbers and tell you what to add. You need to know pH,TA, and volume before you can get the acid dose.

[center:17jjv3k6]
file.php
[/center:17jjv3k6]

It would be best for you to use liquid chlorine. It only adds chlorine to your pool. Yes stablilzer helps the chlorine from being eaten by the sun. If you insist on using dry chlorine you can calculate how much CYA or Calcium that will add to your pool, but you can't use it indefinitely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.