Can I add bleach?

DFrock

Jun 14, 2013
Ohio
So a couple weeks ago my intex swg stopped working. They replaced it, but shipping took about a week. During such time my water quality diminished and i had some green water going on, not shocking. I added some shock, and that helped. Now with the filter a swg running again the water appears to be cleanIng up nicely. It is clear again and smells good. I have not bought the test kit yet, and I know I should and will be soon. Testing with those stupid strips the levels don't look bad at all, but despite the water being clear and my swg running non stop for the last 2 days I am shoing 0 FC. I guessed that with the algea build up all the chlorine being made has been getting use up, so my question is can I add bleach to get my FC up and set my timer back to normal on the swg, or is it better to wait on the generator?

Thanks a ton. I just ordered my TF100 test kit.

I'm not going to be swimming tonight anyway, but for future reference, how long is it recomended to wait after adding bleach (assuming you then get a good reading) to swim?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.