vacation pool care....

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
so ive managed through the wealth of knowledge i obtained from here, to keep my pool sparkling clear and clean on the BBB method for near two weeks now...... :cheers:

my family always goes to our inlaws place at Lake Texhoma for 4th of July weekend. so we will leave out friday evening for 2 1/2 days and come back sunday with no one to care for the pool.

my thoughts are i should do nothing other than double dose my bleach on friday before we leave, assuming my pool will continue to lose its usual ~4ppm per day.... and just add enough bleach so that by sunday evening its down to 3.5-4ppm. of course i will test pH before i go and make any adjustments... not to worried about pH as its been 7.6-7.9 daily without me doing anything.

i just dont want to come back to greenage.... :(

thoughts?

also, while we are on the subject of greenage, we have a 3 acre pond in our backyard, and like any fishing pond, algae and whatnot runs rampant. my pool is installed about....oh.... 50-60 feet away, uphill about 30 degrees from this pond. is there anything special i need to know about having a pool so close to what equates to "disney world for algea and bacteria" or is it not any different than having a pool anywhere else?

i sure do enjoy the view of our beautiful pond while im lounging in the pool...... i have joked with some folks when they come over that i should have put my pool closer so that i could sit in it and fish at the same time... :whoot:

thanks!

hmmm....thanks. after reading some of those posts, since it just 2 days, im thinking I will bring the pool up to shock level on friday eve before we go, and cover it.

guess i get a chlorinator and some tablets for longer trips.

or i could just icepick a hole in a bleach jug to get it to dribble slowly and set it on the side of the pool....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.