Startup Chemicals for New Pool

btgamer

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
I asked our PB what chemicals they add after they fill the pool. This is the email I got from him:

As far as start up goes, we add a chemical called start up tech which really has helped tremendously with streaking and blotchiness. We don't have to add the algaecide if you don't want us to. However, a lot of the preventative measures come from the homeowner brushing the pool 2-3 times daily for the first 10-14 day. We also add dy-chlor, salt protect, super clear and algaecide 30. The salt doesn't get added for 10-14 days after the plaster is applied to allow for curing

I was hoping I could get some of the experts here to tell me what they are and if they are safe. The pool is going to have either pebble Fina or Sheen (cant decide) and a SWG. I am planning on getting a TF-100 and using the BBB method. Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.