Pentair Intellbrite LED into Anthony Niche fixture.

Jul 5, 2011
Northern NJ
Hi all:
I need to replace the 120v Anthony niche light in my pool and I read in another forum where one could use the Pentair Intellbrite LED unit.
The trick is to replace the larger Pentair face ring with the old Anthony face ring to make it fit. The unit I'm looking at is the Pentair Intellbrite 601306 500w(equivalent).

Has anyone done this? Any other retrofit experiences?

Hey - it can be done - the previous owners did it last year. Its a model 21 niche and they pentair led 5g in there. Side note - wish I would have known they replaced the lights before I installed dimmer on the light and blew the transformer. I am in the process now of replacing that light.... (Removing the cord is another issue)

I have the model 20 Anthony light. I spoke to Pentair but they really couldn't help and are supposed to call me if they can offer further advice.

They did mention a manufacturer of adapter rings that might work. I spoke to the owner of the company and he recommended one of his adapters. It seems the light model is not what determines which adapter to use. The niche style used at the time of install is the determining factor. I have the later model stainless steel niche. Apparently the older units were made of copper.

I'll post my experience after receiving the light and adapter.

I have the model 20 Anthony light. I spoke to Pentair but they really couldn't help and are supposed to call me if they can offer further advice.

They did mention a manufacturer of adapter rings that might work. I spoke to the owner of the company and he recommended one of his adapters. It seems the light model is not what determines which adapter to use. The niche style used at the time of install is the determining factor. I have the later model stainless steel niche. Apparently the older units were made of copper.

I'll post my experience after receiving the light and adapter.

Is there any update on this? I'm also facing the same dilemma with an Anthony Pool and wanting to install the Intellibrite LED light. What worked? Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.