Question about shocking w/ bleach for algae

Mtz6

Jun 26, 2013
I have a pool that I have been fighting algae in for 2 years now on and off and came across this site, lot of great info. I have ordered the k-2006 kit so I can get the most accurate results when testing. I have 2 dogs the use the pool as a drinking fountain. My question is that when shocking with bleach will it be safe for them to continue drinking/playing in the pool. There is not a fence around the pool so there is no way for me to restrict them unless I lock them in the house all day. What do you think?

Hello! :wave: I would not let them drink out of it while shocking. Keep an eye on them and see what they do. They may not even like to drink the water with a high chlorine content. I am not sure what kind of health risk it would cause but, it cant be healthy. :shock: Perhaps a temporary chain or kennel is in order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.