Disassembly of an above ground pool during the week

alilo

Jun 26, 2013
Hello,

We have just bought a new Intex Metal frame Pool, and we are going to use it only during weekends. The reason is that there is no one to watch the kids during the week and so for security reasons we decided to dismmantel on Sunday afternoon.

My question is: Is there an easy way to dismount the pool, without doing all the procedure of winter storing, and without damaging it? what are you guys doing?

I have a big unused room that I can use to store the swimming pool, but the door is small so I can not move the swimming pool without dismounting it.

I somehow don't think this is a serious post. You will use it only during weekends?? On the off chance that it is a serious post I will respond with this:
How big is the pool? It may take a day or 2 just to fill it. Then it's got to warm up. It's time to take it down before that happens. That's the first thing....not a good idea.

1. My mind wanders to - if your kids are old enough to be left home alone without someone watching them then they should be able to follow the "don't go in the pool" instructions.

2. Put a fence around it?

3. It is way too much effort to put up and down for just weekend use.

4. Take it down and get a kiddie blow up pool?

Why even have a pool? That is seriously a lot of work for any Intex pool.

I shouldn't ask this and I'm asking in the gentlest, most sincerest way online but where is the adult supervision for said kids through the week since you are so worried about them using this pool, enough to make a post on removing pool and setting up weekly? It doesn't make sense to me. If it's all that, go buy a plastic kiddy pool and dump it weekly. It would be so much easier. :goodjob:

Welcome to TFP.

Not to mention the increasing scarcity of potable water worldwide, as well as those areas of our own country who are into severe drought conditions and further - it sounds to me like a huge waste of time, energy, and (importantly) water........... :scratch:

I would just go with a gunnite inground pool. That is much easier to takedown on weekends anyway. Better yet you could drain it Sunday night, fill it with dirt Monday before work, then you save $$$ during the week on chlorine. Friday night simply remove the 100 tons of dirt and fill with hose. You will be good to go by Saturday. :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.