New above ground pool still unlevel

Jun 26, 2013
Hi,

i have bought a 14ft Intex Pool. The first time i set it up it was 5-6 inches unlevel. I drained all the water and started to level. I used sand and dirt. I checked a few times and the ground seemed to be level so i set up the pool again and started to fill. Yesterday i was 1.5 Inches unlevel and today its 2.5 Inches. How dangerous is this? Do i have to drain again all the Water or are 2.5 Inches ok? If its not ok, are there any other solutions then draining the whole pool again. I really dont wanna waste all the water.....Please help

Welcome to TFP.

Unfortunately that's too far out of level. 1" is the max you want it out of level.

About the only way to save the water is to get another temporary pool and pump the water into it, level the one you have now and then pump the water back into it. Bummer about that! :(

Your too far out, will it collapse - who knows. It's your risk really, personally I'd be taking it down asap. IT's gots hundreds of thousands of pounds of water in it, if it lets loose there is danger to persons and proptery and liability is yours.

How did you level, did you add soil to low side or dig out the high side? Did you compact or did you just level it out and put the pool up?
Some details on your site prep methods will allow people to give some better advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.