ALDI Foods has 6% bleach at 33cents/qt in 3qt jugs.

May 28, 2008
Jackson, NJ
Just to let you folks know. I also mentioned this store in one of my posts. ALDI Food Store has plain bleach called Tundra Ultra Bleach in 3qt white plastic jugs for 99 cents each. It is comparable to CLOROX ULTRA BLEACH. It is 6%. You can find ALDIfood.com on the web and search through zipcode for a location. I purchased about 50 bottles so far in my conversion from BAQ to Chlorine.

Hotrod30 said:
The WalMart near me has started selling boxes of 2, one gal containers of 10% chlorine for $5.95 a box.

The local pool store has raised their price on 12.5% liquid chlorine in 5 gal containers to $13.49.

I was looking in my local regular WalMart tonight in the pool chem section. I didn't see any liq chlorine like you mention in your post at all. I looked elsewhere at the detergents area and saw the 6% Ultra Bleach 96oz jugs for $1.28. Were you in a Super WalMart? What area of your store did you find it?

frustratedpoolmom said:
Your thread title had me all excited!!! I missed the qt.... thought it said GAL....tease!

Sorry you missed that. I still think ALDI has the best price for 6% bleach. I was just at Wal-Mart tonight. The price for the same strength and size jug was $1.28, which is 29cents more a jug. Stop&Shop had their house brand was $1.59 I think. Have you checked for an ALDI store near you? Look on line for www.aldifoods.com. Put in your zip and click enter.

Steve

poolpsycho said:
Just to let you folks know. I also mentioned this store in one of my posts. ALDI Food Store has plain bleach called Tundra Ultra Bleach in 3qt white plastic jugs for 99 cents each. It is comparable to CLOROX ULTRA BLEACH. It is 6%. You can find ALDIfood.com on the web and search through zipcode for a location. I purchased about 50 bottles so far in my conversion from BAQ to Chlorine.

Been there . . done that!! Ain't it Great !!! Now they just call me "The Pool Man" when I wheel my cart full of Tundra to the checkout! :party:

poolpsycho said:
Hotrod30 said:
The WalMart near me has started selling boxes of 2, one gal containers of 10% chlorine for $5.95 a box.

The local pool store has raised their price on 12.5% liquid chlorine in 5 gal containers to $13.49.

I was looking in my local regular WalMart tonight in the pool chem section. I didn't see any liq chlorine like you mention in your post at all. I looked elsewhere at the detergents area and saw the 6% Ultra Bleach 96oz jugs for $1.28. Were you in a Super WalMart? What area of your store did you find it?

We have a regular Wal-Mart here and their pool section is a row at the end of the toy section next to the garden center and car stuff. I know all Wal-Mart's are a little different but that's the layout here. They also carry 3" pucks both stabilized and un-stabilized, granular chlorine and most other chemicals also. The liquid chlorine they is 10% also, I thought it was $6+ here though.

Jenson said:
poolpsycho said:
Hotrod30 said:

We have a regular Wal-Mart here and their pool section is a row at the end of the toy section next to the garden center and car stuff. I know all Wal-Mart's are a little different but that's the layout here. They also carry 3" pucks both stabilized and un-stabilized, granular chlorine and most other chemicals also. The liquid chlorine they is 10% also, I thought it was $6+ here though.
[marq=down][marq=up]

When I was at WalMart yesterday evening, the pool section is pretty much in the same area as your setting at your store. I didn't see any liquid chlorine, only tablets and granular. I didn't know much about using chlorine, being a Baq user since 1993, I wasn't sure of the different types of stabilized/unstablized that could be used. I just put in 8- 3/4gal jugs of 6% at 930pm that I purchased today from ALDI Food Store. The water looks great, I've got to say!
Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.