fill water orange with iron

I just filled the pool, I think my test kit will be in the mail today or tomorrow. And we live on a farm so I use raw water from the well to fill the pool. It's quite orange and I'm just filtering it now to remove the iron (doubt it's really doing anything). But I was reading in pool school about removing the metals and it mentioned sequestrants. How do I use that? Is that the same as adding a chelating agent?
Any recommendations for orange irony water?

When you have metals in the water, you will need to use regular doses of a sequestrant to prevent the metals from forming stains. Sequestrants bind to the metals and prevent them from depositing as stains - they do not remove metals from the water. Dose according to the directions on the product label. Sequestrants slowly break down in the pool, so you need to add more regularly to maintain the correct level.

Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which may be less expensive.

Do you have a better source for fillup? If you do, I would really suggest doing that. I know, easier said than done and I see you are out in the country so it may be impossible. If you can see that much Iron, it is a bunch, and may stain badly.

Try the search function for rust or iron.

Some people have had good luck putting layers of paper towels in the skimmer basket to trap the rust particles. Someone else recently made some sort of prefilter using pillow batting in a bucket. The more you can remove physically as rust particles, the less you'll have to deal with chemically. Also, we're waiting to see the final results in this thread:
ferri-tabs-slime-bag-experiment-review-t62508.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.