Shocking and then a storm came

da-waterboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
Acme PA
So here we go.

Briefly, I was in the tail end of my shocking process and a massive storm rolled thru and literally dumped 3+ inches of water into the pool. Terrible part is, i was in the middle of performing the OCLT. :rant:

In a prior post you all got me switched over on BBB and on the right track with everything. :mrgreen: And then as the post went on we debated on if I NEEDED to shock. I had perfectly crystal clear water, the CC was <.5, but would drop a little more then 1ppm of FC overnight . So you all recommend i just go for it and get the shocking process underway. So i did. Started off a little rocky (prob bad calculations on my part) but i was aiming for a 28-30FC shocking level (CYA of 70ish+) and ended up with a 37.5FC so i just let her slowly drop back down to 28-30FC and held it there all day with the exception of one small period where it did drop a little below shocking level. However when i brough it back up i must have overdid it again cause i ended up with a 38FC. either way this was at 9pm or so at night and i decided this is what i should base my OCLT on. so i did. THEN the storm came, dumped 3 inches of water and when tested this morning i had a 32.5FC reading.

My question is this: Because it rained and i could not accurately tell if the drop was less then 1ppm overnight. (which i would bet it would have been) should i just drain back down to my normal water level and get it to shock value again and then keep it there for another day or however it takes again until i can accurately perform the OCLT.

Reading last night at 10:15PM FC 38 CC .5
Reading this morn at 7:15AM FC 32.5 CC<.5

Thanks all

p.s. BBB method is going great so far (get many people asking about my sparkly water) and the TF-100 kit has me addicted to testing. (which is good thing)

BTW if you need my prior to shocking results they are as follows:

PH 7.5
FC 7
CC .5
TC 8
TA 60
CH 100
CYA 70ish

I didnt bother running a full battery of testing this morn because i was in the middle of shocking. only did the FC and CC as stated above

Kinda figured that is what the answer was, just wanted to check and be sure. I am in middle of draining down the almost overflowing pool as we speak. once i get the water level correct i am going to retest the FC and then get it going in the right direction again. Will keep ya posted. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.