I just bought a house with a built in pool made with fibertek? with tile on the top(16000 gal). The previous owner was using chlorine in puck form with a floating dispenser. He was shocking the water every week with 2.5 gallons of liquid chlorine. I tested the water before adding the liquid chlorine and it was below 1. After adding the 2.5 gal of liquid chlorine the level went to 6. After reading some posts on this site I feel that I am shocking too much.
FC 6, 2 days after shocking
Is the calcium to high. I have a whole house water conditioner and maybe this is given a high calcium #. I would like to use the BBB method. I am looking for advice. Also I have algae forming on the sides that I brush away. I was told to add algaecide, 4oz, every week but this doesnt seem to work. I live in FL with a lot of sun. Is this just normal for FL.