How big is too big? for round agp

kyser

Jun 5, 2013
Orange City, FL
We love our 18' pool, but we're hoping to upgrade when our current pool finally lets go. I've been kicking the idea around in my mind for a couple of weeks, and a 54 inch 36 footer sure sounds awesome. We have the space and are budgeting for it, but I'm wondering what some of the unintended consequences could be.
Any thoughts?

Twice the water cost and twice the amount of chemicals you usually use to maintain the one you have. Twice any decking or landscaping. Twice the vacuuming time. Twice as much fun!

It's actually 4.55 times the water! Fortunately, we are on a well with plentiful and beautiful water. I think the chemical cost is my biggest hangup, but with the BBB method I think it's doable. 10% Bleach is around five bucks for two and half gallons locally. The deck would have to be done in stages. A pool cleaner is in the budget for the new pool. I'm thinking more than 4.55 times the fun!

We just have an Intex 16'. This is our second summer with it and we love it. We have seriously considered an inground pool now. The money is crazy, but they're sure nice! So our question is, do we fork out 50-60K for for an inground pool with beautiful concrete decking or do we move up to a near new 30ft boat??? :roll:

Bigger boat or inground pool?

If I had the space, I would have went bigger. I have no more wiggle room to work with. :|

cramar said:
A deep end would be great, maybe a bottom main drain too.
I would go for a 30-33' w/ a deep end, adding a drain wouldn't cost much extra. Good idea.

What about a 20x40 agp buried 2' then you could have a deck that makes it appear as being inground :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It would help with that amount of water!

If you're going to dish it I would make sure to leave a flat area for a set of steps for in the future. Any custom step set up needs a flat bottom to sit on.

That's gonna be my next build, a 30 footer with a deep end and a main drain.

The main drain isn't necessary but with a pool that size it will certainly help get debris out of the pool, especially if your going to bowl the bottom.
I've seen videos on adding them, dosn't seem all that hard.

MattE71 said:
We just have an Intex 16'. This is our second summer with it and we love it. We have seriously considered an inground pool now. The money is crazy, but they're sure nice! So our question is, do we fork out 50-60K for for an inground pool with beautiful concrete decking or do we move up to a near new 30ft boat??? :roll:

Bigger boat or inground pool?

pool. anyone who thinks a pool is a huge pain in rear to maintain and a huge expense not worth the trouble has never had a boat!! old saying about boats, but so true....

B -reak

O -ut

A- nother

T-housand

as at least every other season if not every season, something on a boat breaks, or otherwise has to be maintained beyond the ability of the owner to be able to do themselves, and invariably it will end up at a boat shop for service, and if you get away with only spending a grand, you got lucky. not too mention the gas guzzling boats do at todays insane pump prices.

so get the pool and just get buddy-buddy with someone who has a boat :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.