Just want to say hi and introduce myself

Jun 24, 2013
Hello, just joined today but have been browsing the site for a couple days trying to find answers to my questions. Kinda figured it out on my own, but got a bit of information here and there on the forum.

My name is Judy and I live in the Seacoast of NH. I have had the Intex Easy Set Pool for a few years now and absolutely LOVE it. Its easy to set up and take down, have done it myself a couple times however I like it a lot more when my kids are around and can help as its easier with more hands to get out all the wrinkles and get it set up (or put away) with the muscles that come with young men!! This pool is PERFECT for me, and my daughter and grandchildren that live with me. The kids (5 and 7) now swim like FISHES and its big enough for me to float around and get some rays.

I had never used the skimmer or the vaccumn till this year, but got tired of seeing all the little buggies in the pool that the filter would not get out nor would the net! I bought a Hayward Sand Filter this year and its AWESOME, the boys figured out the connections as they were a little different. (yes we kinda jimmied it) I just hooked up the skimmer thing, cause I figured out finally (after actually researching it and watching the instructional video) that it had to also be hooked up to the filter! DUH!! not a plumber here!!

THEN, I figured out that the bubble ring around the top needed to be reinflated to hold the skimmer in place! After a couple days of keeping a sharp eye on it cause it kept floating around and popping out above the water level. Now its working like a charm. I do however have one question, the hose that connects from the bottom of the skimmer and goes into the suction of the filter....it must have been stored next to something that got really hot, (like the lawnmower motor) and partially melted altho not thru. It is constricted in one place to about half the size. Will this affect the way it works?