under water vinyl repair

There is such a thing as an underwater repair kit ... although likely depends on the severity of the leak.

That said, I am not sure where to direct you to find it ... so someone else will hopefully jump in.

years ago when we had an AG pool with a large leak, we bought a patch kit at the pool store. We were given the advice to put the glue on the patch while above water. Then fold the patch in half with the glue inside...like a taco. We had a child's roller toy that came with a play-doh set. I got the patch all ready on the deck while my husband readied himself with goggles. I handed him the patch, he waited until the patch was very close to the hold before unfolding the taco patch. He placed it down best he could. Then I handed him the roller and he rolled it out. I bet a rolling pin would work well too, or a cup. Worked great. The patch lasted three years until ice ruined the entire pool.

I was also told that if you hate the person patching it you can do the following. While said person is underwater, squirt the rest of the bottle of glue on the water surface. When the unsuspecting victim comes up for air, waa-laa. Glue hair!! I don't recommend it, but it sure sounds funny...for someone else!

It is a two person job... Just repaired our 1 yr old liner... 19 holes... it was the grandson with the pole using it as a cane. Anyway we used our boat anchor to help hold us underwater that was the hardest part.. just do as 8corneflake said put glue on patch fold over and dive... Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.