It is not just a pool it's a washing machine and a bathtub..

May 24, 2008
Laughlin NV
Well lets start this at the beginning I started to notice muddy foot prints in my pool a week ago some with shoes on and some bear foot (not sure why the barefoot ones left prints?). We have a pool shark and the pool is brushed once a day at least so i started think some kids maybe jumping in the pool at night so i sat up all night and nothing. Then two days later there where bubbles in the pool and a oily ring around the pool but nothing in the back yard was missing or touched (we had 2 coolers full of beer out from a party that day). Then this morning i found a shirt in the deep end and some soap on the side of the pool and it hits me we have a wash room for the desert people in our back yard. Now i am still not sure how to run them off and i think it is alittle funny and disturbing all at the same time. I am thinking about a electric fence wire run along the top of our 6' block wall but still not sure if that will get me in trouble.

Any one else out there have anything like this going on?

twisties...I have never heard of anything like that happening to anybody. Is a desert person like a homeless person or is it something else? Wonder why he didn't drink the beer.Maybe a bear trap would help but what would you do with the body.

WOW pretty cheeky aren't they, maybe put that electric wire straight in the pool :idea: :shock: :-D

OK maybe that's not a good idea how about one those lights that comes on automatically :idea: , that might scare them off.

Happy swims Frank

Oh my!?! You need to get some sensor security lights and set up your camcorder inside to record your pool. At least that way you know what the people look like that are using your "wash tub". Sometimes there really are no words. :shock:

I am assuming you live out in a rural area, if you have desert peeps coming into your yard, if your going to stay up all nite why not tote a 30-30 or a shotgun, maybe a couple of warning shots might work :shock: or if you need some yard work done maybe you could work something out with them. :whip:

I got just the thing for you...

May require time to grow. :twisted:

Works for us. 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
twisties,

Can't you call the police? If this had happened to us, my wife would have freaked out. She probably wouldn't stay in the house knowing that homeless trespassers were coming into the year nightly.

Highly disturbing. :puker:

Titanium

we have sensor lights in the back yard and they do not seam to be much of a threat. They only come out when they need something and do not seam to take anything. At the same time we are armed with my wife and i trained on the guns.
IMG_1831.jpg

I do not feel they are a threat yet........If they try to come into the house it will be another story......

twisties,

Can you connect your sensor lights to a super loud siren?

Are your neighbors having similar problems?

I think that I would start up a routine of doing night-time target practice (at practice targets - not the desert people), especially with the black monster second from the top. Hopefully these sounds would teach your "guests" to do their unsavory business elsewhere.

Titanium

I have to say I'm quite baffled,miffed,speechless even. :shock: I'd be setting up some serious commacozzy of some sort to scare them into the neighbors yard. :twisted:

A 9foot deep hole just before your pool entrance with a ground cover would be a good start :p

Throw some blue dye in your pool and and drive around the neighborhood looking for Blue Smurfs......... Oh, I forgot you won't be able to use the pool. Scratch that idea out.

I would not be so casual. They may not have done any damage YET, but you have no idea what they are capable of. The simple fact they are living homless in the dessert should tell you something.

I doubt the police will help, but I'd make the call anyway. I'd also follow Casey's advice, accept I'd get a Bullmastiff.

Having strangers in my yard, much less in my POOL would worry me!

I would shock the pool every time there was an 'event'!

Wonder what kinds of contaminants they are putting in your pool, besides soap? Waterborne viruses? :shock:

I'd also get my neighbors involved so that they could be aware that the problem is in your area.

OMG this thread is hilarious and dimented... LOVE IT.

I vote for the "high voltage from dusk till dawn" sign.

You have to wonder if they'll be able to read it tho.

My second choice would be the Rott; only because they then require food, vet bills and poop service...:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.