Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It is not just a pool it's a washing machine and a bathtub..

1. Back To Top    #1

It is not just a pool it's a washing machine and a bathtub..

Well lets start this at the beginning I started to notice muddy foot prints in my pool a week ago some with shoes on and some bear foot (not sure why the barefoot ones left prints?). We have a pool shark and the pool is brushed once a day at least so i started think some kids maybe jumping in the pool at night so i sat up all night and nothing. Then two days later there where bubbles in the pool and a oily ring around the pool but nothing in the back yard was missing or touched (we had 2 coolers full of beer out from a party that day). Then this morning i found a shirt in the deep end and some soap on the side of the pool and it hits me we have a wash room for the desert people in our back yard. Now i am still not sure how to run them off and i think it is alittle funny and disturbing all at the same time. I am thinking about a electric fence wire run along the top of our 6' block wall but still not sure if that will get me in trouble.

Any one else out there have anything like this going on?
    6,000 gal. IG FG pool Sta-Rite max-e-pro 3/4hp
    Sta-Rite system 2 cart. filter
    Sta-Rite 200k BTU heater
    Tiger River Bengal spa

2. Back To Top    #2

twisties...I have never heard of anything like that happening to anybody. Is a desert person like a homeless person or is it something else? Wonder why he didn't drink the beer.Maybe a bear trap would help but what would you do with the body.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

3. Back To Top    #3
    Ok you've got my atttention....what is a desert person
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4

desert people are homeless people the live out in the canyons and hill around here.
    Sta-Rite 200k BTU heater
    Tiger River Bengal spa

5. Back To Top    #5

Leave out a plate of cookies and a few sodas with a note asking that they move to another pool O and don't forget a towel.
    AGP, 21'x41'x52", Vinyl liner, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter

6. Back To Top    #6
    WOW pretty cheeky aren't they, maybe put that electric wire straight in the pool

OK maybe that's not a good idea how about one those lights that comes on automatically , that might scare them off.

Happy swims Frank
    Hello all from the land of smiles. Thailand. 5mx9mx1.5 63000L 16300 gall, pebbletex,
    pentair 1hp whisperflow, tagelus TA60 SF, swg monarch esc24 {a bit small for the tropics} 3 returns, 1 skimmer, 2 astral 100watt lights. Planned and built by me
    an AUSSIE expat living thailand for 18 years.

7. Back To Top    #7

Hang a sign up in whatever language you suspect:

HIGH VOLTAGE FROM DUSK TILL DAWN ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand

8. Back To Top    #8
    Oh my!?! You need to get some sensor security lights and set up your camcorder inside to record your pool. At least that way you know what the people look like that are using your "wash tub". Sometimes there really are no words.
    [i][color=#BF0040]27' x 52"....1.5 HP hayward pump 200lb sand filter.....finally building our deck :)

9. Back To Top    #9
    I am assuming you live out in a rural area, if you have desert peeps coming into your yard, if your going to stay up all nite why not tote a 30-30 or a shotgun, maybe a couple of warning shots might work or if you need some yard work done maybe you could work something out with them.
    13,000 IG Plaster, 2hp whisperflo pump, 48 sq in pentair DE Filter, 1 skimmer, 2 eyeball outlets, 200 sq ft solar panels on second story, Auto Pilot SWG-36, Polaris ATV Cleaner

10. Back To Top    #10
    I got just the thing for you...

May require time to grow.

Works for us. 8)
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

twisties,

Can't you call the police? If this had happened to us, my wife would have freaked out. She probably wouldn't stay in the house knowing that homeless trespassers were coming into the year nightly.

Highly disturbing.

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

12. Back To Top    #12

we have sensor lights in the back yard and they do not seam to be much of a threat. They only come out when they need something and do not seam to take anything. At the same time we are armed with my wife and i trained on the guns.

I do not feel they are a threat yet........If they try to come into the house it will be another story......
    Sta-Rite 200k BTU heater
    Tiger River Bengal spa

13. Back To Top    #13

twisties,

Can you connect your sensor lights to a super loud siren?

Are your neighbors having similar problems?

I think that I would start up a routine of doing night-time target practice (at practice targets - not the desert people), especially with the black monster second from the top. Hopefully these sounds would teach your "guests" to do their unsavory business elsewhere.

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

14. Back To Top    #14
    Nice weapons, ain't the United States a great country
    13,000 IG Plaster, 2hp whisperflo pump, 48 sq in pentair DE Filter, 1 skimmer, 2 eyeball outlets, 200 sq ft solar panels on second story, Auto Pilot SWG-36, Polaris ATV Cleaner

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Rockcrawler
    Nice weapons, ain't the United States a great country
    Only states like Nevada are cool like that. In Chicago that pic would probably get me thrown in jail. So I won't post the pic
    Wilbar 12 x 17 Buttress Free AG (~4400 Gal?)
    Hayward 225 sq ft cartridge filter
    1/2 HP Pentair Whisperflo
    Liquidator chlorine feeder
    Pool Rover Jr.
    BBB - it's the way to go

16. Back To Top    #16
    I have to say I'm quite baffled,miffed,speechless even. I'd be setting up some serious commacozzy of some sort to scare them into the neighbors yard.

A 9foot deep hole just before your pool entrance with a ground cover would be a good start :P
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

17. Back To Top    #17
    Throw some blue dye in your pool and and drive around the neighborhood looking for Blue Smurfs......... Oh, I forgot you won't be able to use the pool. Scratch that idea out.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

18. Back To Top    #18
    I would not be so casual. They may not have done any damage YET, but you have no idea what they are capable of. The simple fact they are living homless in the dessert should tell you something.

I doubt the police will help, but I'd make the call anyway. I'd also follow Casey's advice, accept I'd get a Bullmastiff.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

19. Back To Top    #19
    Having strangers in my yard, much less in my POOL would worry me!

I would shock the pool every time there was an 'event'!

Wonder what kinds of contaminants they are putting in your pool, besides soap? Waterborne viruses?

I'd also get my neighbors involved so that they could be aware that the problem is in your area.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

20. Back To Top    #20
    OMG this thread is hilarious and dimented... LOVE IT.

I vote for the "high voltage from dusk till dawn" sign.

You have to wonder if they'll be able to read it tho.

My second choice would be the Rott; only because they then require food, vet bills and poop service...
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com