Blue Diamond or Aquabot T-2 with Pebble Tech?

oeoe55

Jun 3, 2008
I'm new to this forum and think it's great the way everyone shares info.

I just had my pool resurfaced with pebble tech and would like to buy a Blue Diamond
or Aquabot T-2. My concern is the durability of the brushes on both of these products
with the pebble tech ( rough ) surface. Is one better than the other?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

That's an excellent question but one that may not give you get a definitive answer. Someone would have to own both to give you an accurate opinion.

I have the blue diamond and can tell you what I know. It has pretty durable outside "drive" treads that I think would be fine. Whether they would hold up better than the T-2 I am not sure.

I had both of these cleaners, a Blue Diamond Remote and a Turbo T4,I presently have an Aquabot Viva. The Blue Diamond comes with PVA foam brushes, the Turbo series comes with molded rubber brushes , more suitable for concrete finishes. I'm assuming pebble tech is a rougher finish, if so I think you'd be better off with molded rubber brushes. The Viva is available in both brushes (online).

Thanks for your reply. Last week I purchased the Blue Diamond R/C because they had the best warranty. I think the unit does an excellent job cleaning and time will tell how well the PVA foam brushes stand up to the pebble tech surface.

I didn't realize that there may be concern about the PVA brushes on concrete. I don't remember reading anywhere about PVA may be better suited for vinyl pools. I too ordered the Blue Diamond and hope that my gunite pool doesn't wear out the brushes sooner than if they were moulded rubber that the Aquabots use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.