How long can (new) water sit?

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
I figure this is the correct place to post since my water is sitting still right now with no circulation. Luckily it is a cloudy day, but that will change tomorrow along with the heat for the weekend.

So, we got 12k gallons deliver this am to set the liner. The water company had to go back and get 2 more loads. So when they left so did the pool builder's plumber. I asked him if he would be back today to get the equipment working. His reply was "I might, but it is ok for the water to sit" I told him I wanted to start balancing the water so we can swim this weekend. Again, his reply "the water is balanced"......HUH????

I know the water came from a well, but you think it is balanced?? He works with pools, come on now!!

I have not tested the water yet. I will be doing that shortly.

Our entire project has been piece meal and I will never recommend this builder to anyone. The funny thing is, I know plenty of people who have used him and they had a great experience. Not us and another friend of mine currently installing either.

I really just want him out of our lives and our yard.

So is it truly OK for the water to sit a night?? I have a call into our pb now to get his Rear back here.

It won't get you too far behind to let it sit overnight. Go ahead and test it for pH and TA. If it was me, I'd add some bleach and circulate with a paddle or bucket.

It depends on the chemical, some don't require any wait, some half an hour, only occasionally more. I would give chlorine. borax, calcium and acid half an hour. Baking soda, salt, and CYA no wait.

Attachments

• fgdf.jpg
    fgdf.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 3
Just tested PH and TA, the #'s are 7.2 and 100 respectively.

Comments on what I should test for next or add to the pool once my water is circulating tomorrow?

FYI - I did not add any bleach tonight. Had nothing to stir the water with, except my hand.

Thx.

The bleach will disperse very easily. You can get a jug or so in the pool and go swimming....that'll distribute it best.

The bleach is the sanitizer that's probably the most important additive in your pool.

I would have loved to have gone swimming, but the water guy told me the water he was pumping was about 55 degrees. I am hoping the pb comes again first thing in the morning to get things running and I will add the bleach ASAP.

I will read over my BBB notes again tonight now that it is the real thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.