wasted space grid soaking

SHADEZ

Jul 10, 2011
There is a lot of wasted water when submerging an entire D.E. filter element into a trash can to soak\clean it so I have been trying to find a bin or something that would limit the wasted space .. but have not found any online .. aside from making my own which usually ends up poking a hole in the bottom of the plastic bag making it useless ... I recall reading a post on TFP somewhere about someone having a a trash can or bin that's made for washing D.E. grids .. Can anyone point me in a direction I can find one?

I don't know of any special bin just for soaking grids. Grids come in a wide variety of sizes, so it may be difficult to find a precisely sized grid for your filter. If you are concerned about displaced water overflowing the trash can when you add the grids, try placing the grids in first then add enough water to cover the grids and mark the waterline with sharpie on the inside of the trash can. Take the grids out and add the cleaning agent to the water, mix, and soak the grids. Next time you need to soak the grids you will have the fill line marked inside the trash can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.