Jandy aqua pure 1400 not producing chlorine

Jun 24, 2013
I have a 5 year aqua pure 1400 system. Last year I replaced the flow sensor and all worked well. After noticing no chlorine production and getting 120 errors I cleaned the cell. however this did not solve the issue. So I replaced the cell this year with a new one. Everything works well on the main board, and I have not got any error codes...however, still no chlorine production.

I boosted the production to 100% and ran the pump for 24 hours. After that I turned up production to 65% and ran it for another 24 hours. Still nothing?

Any suggestions?

Thank Doug

Welcome to TFP!

What is your CYA level, and how does your water look?

Try setting the unit to 100%, waiting 15 minutes, then take your way sample from the water coming out of the return.

Ok. The level at the return is 2.0 so it is producing chlorine. That is good news. Is there a formula on how long to run the pump with a corresponding % of chlorine production. I have a 24,000 gallon pool.

Thanks

CYA is critical for operating a SWCG, but it's not possible to measure it at 1ppm. It should probably be 70-80ppm depending on what your manufacturer recommends.

Fish5658 said:
Thanks John. I am reading off the aqua check test strips. Free chlorine prior to testing the water at return was between 0.5 ppm/mg/litre. Am I reading the correct test?

You need the Stabilizer or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.