Below Pool options for new Intex Ultra Frame

What would be the best 1 or 2 year ground cover solution since I'm planning to resod and use that area of the yard after we renovate the house. I would use pavers and crushed gravel on the whole pad if this was a permanent place for the AGP.

Once the ground is taken down to virgin dirt, leveled (one side is probably 4 inches higher than the other currently), I'm going to put down 8 sheets of 4x8 1/2 inch thick Styrofoam taped together. Then a large tarp. I would then put down the Intex ground cloth and then the pool. I'm also thinking about putting down some Tube Sand bags on the side of the pool where the water comes from to help divert most of the water.

In heavy storm conditions (without an AGP) the area gets 1 to 2 inches of water and then drains through the yard and dries completely. Will the filled pool act like a large boulder and all water will go around it or will the heavilly weighed down ground soak up more water and potentially never really dry out?

Raining again in DC area. Another days delay in install.

I'm going to put down 8 sheets of 4x8x1/2 inch thick Styrofoam taped together. What are thoughts on tarps with styrofoam below Intex ground cover?
a) No tarps, just styrofoam
b) 1 tarp beneath styrofoam
c) 1 tarp above styrofoam
d) 1 tarp beneath and 1 tarp above styrofoam (If thats the best option, should I try and tape the tarps so the styrofoam is somewhat sealed? I'm betting on at least some water getting through the tape job.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.