FC 3.0
CC 0
TA 60
PH 7.2
CH 160
CYA Less than 30 (Taylor kit doesn't go that low) Guessing it's at 10 or so
Borates 50

BBB Method here but using pucks to bring CYA up to 30-50 range

Currently to keep Ph at 7.2-7.4 range I am consuming 1 Quart of 15% MA per day. :shock: It's starting to add up...... This is even with a floater full of pucks... I use around 2 gal of 8% Bleach weekly as well.

Any thoughts on MA demand reduction?

Does the fact that I'm riding the CSI close to the edge have any effect?

Thx

I was trying to keep the CSI the lowest it could be without exceeding -0.6 to descale a bit. I've been riding at -0.59 with the PH at 7.3

Calcite Saturation Index - requires pH, TA, CH, CYA, Temp, uses Borate, Salt
Less than -0.6 is suggestive of problems for plaster, tile, stone, and pebble pools.
Greater than 0.6 is suggestive of problems for all pools.

poolvibe said:
I was trying to keep the CSI the lowest it could be without exceeding -0.6 to descale a bit. I've been riding at -0.59 with the PH at 7.3

Calcite Saturation Index - requires pH, TA, CH, CYA, Temp, uses Borate, Salt
Less than -0.6 is suggestive of problems for plaster, tile, stone, and pebble pools.
Greater than 0.6 is suggestive of problems for all pools.
If you're purposely trying to descale, then you WILL use a lot of acid. Your CH should also be climbing.

Yea Richard.... I kinda suspected I might be acid poor soon LOL.

If I am looking at a CSI of -0.59 vs say something like -0.35, am I going to see a radical difference or am I looking at more of a long term difference (in years) I just want to make sure I am consistently pulling calcium off the plaster.

I have found that the places around me charge about the same amount for the 15% or 31% acid. You might only need to add half as much acid, and pay half as much as you have been paying for the full strength acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.