BBB Believer, Using Pucks for the first time

JohnH

May 28, 2012
Flower Mound, TX
Let me first start by saying, I have been using Bleach to chlorine my pool since start up since March 2013. Having great results.

FC: 3 - 5
CC: 0
PH: 7.6
TA: 70
CH: 260
CYA: 35
CSI: 0 - .03
POOL TEMP: avg.88
AIR TEMP: avg.95

My PB left me with a bucket of Chlorine Pucks (never used them), Since my CYA is close to the low side I thought I would try it. Well, I start using the pucks yesterday (sat.).
My pump runs for 8 hrs a day 1100 - 1900, 5hrs low speed 1100-1600, 3hrs high speed 1600-1900.

SATURDAY
1630 - FC: 2.5 CYA: 35
1700 - installed 7 pucks in cylinder, turn dial to setting #4

SUNDAY
1300 - FC: 1.5, turn dial to setting #4.5 (pump running on low speed)
1600 - FC: 1.5 (pump just started on high speed)
1900 - FC: 2.0, turn dial to max setting #5 (pump finished on high speed)

Since pump shuts off at 1900, no since checking FC after 1900 when pump is not running.
Will check tomorrow on FC results, and check this weekend for CYA level. The pucks doesn't look like its going to keep my FC high enough for my likings :cool: And I wonder what my CYA level going to be this weekend? I check FC/PH everyday, and check CC/TA/CH/CYA every weekend.

Anyone having good luck with FC & CYA using the pucks, or should I sale them in a garage sale? :cool:

Thanks, John

Richard320 said:
Lizt111 said:
How many would you recommend adding if you were going away for a weekend? We have a SWG.
Thanks!
If you have a SWG you don't need pucks or chlorine. Well, maybe keep a couple jugs of bleach around for a boost if you have a party or something.

Thanks! I thought I might need to add the pucks if we were going to be gone for 2-3 days.

well, its 1800 Monday evening, time to check FC & PH. FC: 1.5 / PH: 7.7. PUCKS SUCKS :-D

I'm not getting my FC Target of 5 (for CYA 35), I'm not even getting my minimum target of 3 with the pucks.
I had to go to my bleach and add 74 oz. to meet my target of 5. I'm sure the In-line feeder is working, or I wouldn't even get a reading of 1.5. It has water and the dial is at max. setting at 5.

I just wanted to check out the puck system since we will be gone 5 days during the 4th. I'm not impressed at all with that system.(automatic chlorine in-line feeder)

Any Thoughts?

John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.