Not quite crystal clear

Jun 17, 2013
Hi, I'm up and running with our pool. It had been left uncovered for a winter and was a mess, just full of leaves and other debris. After putting in a new filter, screwing up for a couple of weeks, then finding this board and getting on the right track, we finally can see the bottom of the pool. It's clear enough that we let the kids in, and I went in for the first time today, including vacuuming and skimming. It's been a 3 week odyssey. The water feels great, no issues for the kids, no smell, no stinging eyes...

But there is still a lot of fine particles circulating, and you can really tell when you turn on the light. There are a lot of fine particles floating.

Any advice at this point?

Levels as of tonight:

FC - 9
CC - 0
pH - between 7.8 and 7.5 (closer to 7.8)
TA - 240
CH - 100
CYA - 30-50

Just looking for that crystal clear water!

Can we see a photo of the pool water?? If you only see the floaters in the light I'd say forget them. I see those always too. They're 100% normal.

The water looks good from my view (laptop).

You may want to drop your pH down to 7.2 and try to get the TA down some. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.