Best filter in Phoenix

Jun 23, 2013
Hey all,

I am replacing my Super II with an Eco star 3400vsp. I currently have a cartridge filter, however my pool guy is saying that I should change over to a sand filter because the cartridge filter get gunked up with the sand storms we have here. My cartridges are pulling 5+ lbs of silt out of the pool every 6 months. So my question is: should I convert over to sand? And if so, which one: Pro series Plus or Top Mount.

Thanks in advance for your help.

What size filter do you have now?
There's no use changing the filter just to enrich the pool guys pockets. If there's nothing wrong with the current filter and it isn't too small, there's no need to change it.

Yeah, the cartridges can be a hard pill to swallow. I've still got some time left on the cartridges. I figure when they will need to be replaced, I may look at moving over to sand.

scoharri said:
Thetaxguy said:
Sounds good to me. Keeps more $ in my pocket.

Thanks!

Until you go to buy cartridges for your filter. I live to the west of you in Tonopah. A sand filter in my opinion is the only way to go in our dusty environment.

duraleigh said:
Particulates levels in the water are ok, but could be better.
A bit off the subject but that is far more often a chemistry issue rather than a filter issue. Got a pic to show us?

No picture. More of an observation when the pump is running at night and the pool light is on. I will take apicture when I get back in town.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.