Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: great forum, but...

1. Back To Top    #1

great forum, but...

hey pool gurus...i'm new here, and don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT web site you're running. i've already learned a TON, but i do have a suggestion. i think it would be great to split up some of the forums into different categories. example... say if i have a question about ph, i have to scroll through several pages in one of the forums to get to a past thread regarding the question i may have (hate to post a new thread to ask a question that has already been answered a million times before). it may be nice to have a forum for questions about just using bleach, a seperate forum for questions about ph, a seperate forum for questions regarding acid, etc... do you get what i'm getting at? just an idea. so, like i said, i love what you guys are doing here. it is a friendly place with very knowlegable & helpful people. keep up the good work !!!
    30' round above ground - 21000 gal. (shade ONLY in the evening),
    pentair dynamo 1.5 hp pump,
    pentair sand dollar 150 lb.sand filter,
    bbb method.

2. Back To Top    #2
    The forum has a search function that can make it easier to find posts about what you are looking for. It's on the menu bar at the top of every page. The stickies are also a good starting place (also in the menu bar). Many of the basic questions have already been answered there. If you don't find what you are looking for start a new thread in the appropriate area and you will soon have many replies to your question.

3. Back To Top    #3

Also, there is a software update coming soon (within the week) which will make searching easier.
    16 X 34 21,000 IG Vinyl Liner
    1 1/2 Hayward SuperPump
    New Sand Filter (had cartridge - hated them)

4. Back To Top    #4
    thanx 'bear for the heads-up on the search function. didn't even see that. fantastic! you guys are great!
    30' round above ground - 21000 gal. (shade ONLY in the evening),
    pentair dynamo 1.5 hp pump,
    pentair sand dollar 150 lb.sand filter,
    bbb method.

5. Back To Top    #5
    The problem with adding too many seperate categories is that you end up with a mile of forums. I've tried to group them so that you can find similar topics in a given area.

Also, we are having a major upgrade next month which will, among other things, improve the search function.

PS Don't be afraid of that shift key when posting.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.