Green bullet

Jun 23, 2013
I am buying a short sale that has a pool that has not had any maintenance for the past 2 years at least. I hired a pool inspector, received an estimate of ~ 11,000.00 to get everything up and running. I definitely can leave off the pool heater for 3200.00. I have some other priorities than the pool. Can anyone give me advice on a product called "green bullet"?

I am buying a short sale that has a pool that has not had any maintenance for the past 2 years at least. I hired a pool inspector, received an estimate of ~ 11,000.00 to get everything up and running. I definitely can leave off the pool heater for 3200.00. I have some other priorities than the pool. Can anyone give me advice on a product called "green bullet"?
I'd be more interested in what they think costs $11K rather than a product that you put in the pool.

Do you think the $11K is reasonable? Based on what? Just asking questions.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

$75 per gallon??? And it's not even completely clean in their video. I couldn't find the ingredients so that's scary. Get one of the recommended test kits and stick with plain bleach and the shock process outlined in pool school. You'll save a fortune!!!

After reading more throughout your forum I am definitely going to follow your advice. My estimate consisted of 500-800. Replace leaking cracked plumbing. Rebuild a 48sq ft PAC Fab DE filter, grid assembly, O rings and inside ss filter - 600. Clean leaves off cover, drain, pressure and acid wash - 1200.00, replaster and repair leaks $6000.00. A 336,000 BTU heater installed - 3200.00, which i don't quite understand because he said the spa heater is working. After everything, bring chemicals and teach me how to care for the pool- 500.,. This gentleman came out and redid the pool 12 years ago.

The pool seems to be holding water fine. Of course until I close, I can't get to anything. It could be the muck holding it together. Any suggestions for getting the 3 inches if muck off the liner and secondly is it impair able I drain it immediately?

dattia said:
http://thegreenbullet.com/
Based on their Foreclosed Pool Abatement page, it sounds like they are removing one of "abundant food, light and water" and since they aren't removing light and water that means they are removing "abundant food". Most likely it's just lanthanum chloride (or lanthanum carbonate) and therefore is a phosphate remover. That's why it takes time to kill the algae since there is nothing actually killing them so you have to wait 2 days for them to essentially "starve". Note that they also say "When the the Green Bullet begins to inject into the pool slowly move the nozzle back and forth to distribute the product throughout the pool. An immediate cloudiness will occur." That also implies a phosphate remover. They also say under their Ponds with Aquatic Life page that "The Green Bullet actually is a vehicle for the algae as it carries the algae to the filter and re-liquefies at that point and goes back into the body of water to work again to grab more particulate and bring it to the filter." So it probably also has a clarifier in it as well except that usually a clarifier gets caught in the filter and doesn't go back into the water to get more algae. On the Fountains and Water Features page they say "The Green Bullet is not a gas but rather a proprietary blend of polymeric salts." Here again this sounds like a combination of a clarifier (polymer) and phosphate remover (salts).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cherokeerose said:
The pool seems to be holding water fine. Of course until I close, I can't get to anything. It could be the muck holding it together. Any suggestions for getting the 3 inches if muck off the liner and secondly is it impair able I drain it immediately?

Liner? or plaster....

I've done foreclosure pools a few times - How can they know it needs acid wash/plaster repair if the cover is still on?

suspicious.... Close then turn it all on.

I got an $8900 estimate for a pool that didnt actually need anything (thanks to TFP I knew it before hand but had to get the inspection for home warranty purposes).

The pool is gunite. I think the construction date is 1978, but it was re-plastered 12 years ago. As I mentioned, it has sat covered and unused for the last 2 years.

I'll try to attach 2 pix of the swamp with the cover on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.